Friday 13 November 2020

TRENDS in PHOTOGRAPHY: Jerry UELSMANN (USA)


"I try to begin working with no preconceived ideas. Each click of the shutter suggests an emotional and visual involvement and contains the potential of establishing greater rapport with some quintessential aspect of the subject and my feelings toward it, both conscious and preconscious. My contact sheets become a kind of visual diary of all the things I have seen and experienced with my camera. They contain the seeds from which my images grow. Before entering the darkroom, I ponder these sheets, seeking fresh and innovative juxtapositions that expand the possibilities of the initial subject matter. Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation of discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy."
Jerry N. Uelsmann
www.uelsmann.com

Jerry Uelsmann: Visual Poetry

The surreal, spiritual and thought-provoking images of Jerry Uelsmann, the master of photomontage, are anaylized and explored as we reveal the creative process and darkroom techniques of one of the world’s most acclaimed photographers. A film by Bill Suchy.

WATCH VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

index photographers & designers

Why this project" -Robert SCHILDER (the Netherlands) | next Digital Reality PHOTOGRAPHY: Achim MOHNÉ (Germany) "Everything ...