Friday 13 November 2020

TRENDS in PHOTOGRAPHY: Maggie TAYLOR

Maggie Taylor

For a little over three years now I have been using a flatbed scanner instead of a camera, to record and interpret the little objects I collect. Each object, drawing, or photograph is scanned separately and becomes a layer in an image. Using the computer I am able to arrange and play with these elements in much the same way that I worked with objects in a still life photograph. I work very spontaneously and intuitively, trying to come up with images which have some resonance and a somewhat mysterious narrative content. There is no one meaning for any of the images, rather they exist as a kind of visual riddle or open-ended poem.

www.maggietaylor.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

index photographers & designers

Why this project" -Robert SCHILDER (the Netherlands) | next Digital Reality PHOTOGRAPHY: Achim MOHNÉ (Germany) "Everything ...